Saturday 9 November 2013

The Pain of Losing A Loved One

            Just recently, I have received the news that my uncle, Lucio, passed away. No details yet whatsoever to his passing away however I could feel the pain of losing him. Uncle Lucio is the next younger brother after my father, Conrado. 

          Years back then, when I was still studying at the seminary in Davao City, I vividly remember those times wherein I stayed in their house in Mandaue, Cebu, Philippines. Uncle Lucio and his wife, Auntie Lucia, were very kind to me. Some years back, my parents separated for irreconcilable differences hence everytime we had our holidays at the seminary, I often stayed with them in Mandaue.
imagecreditID 17064948 ©  | Dreamstime.com
          Having no children of their own, I felt that both of them (Uncle and Auntie) were also excited and delighted to have me around and joined them for some days. We oftenly shared stories and food. My late father as well stayed with them when he went back to Cebu. These brothers were very close to each other.

          Indeed, I felt pain of knowing that Uncle Lucio is gone. However, I am also comforted by the words of our Divine Creator that whoever goes back to Him will be welcomed with His love and embrace. May you rest in peace Uncle Lucio. 




                                         

No comments:

Post a Comment